Our early childhood philosophy is a statement of our beliefs for the centre. It is a guide to our practice. It is our master plan
It is as follows:
- Each child should be recognized as being unique, being at different levels of development and having different needs
Therefore our programme will cater for a variety of needs and for each child in the centre.
- Each child should be recognized as being special.
Therefore we show respect and love regardless of gender, ethnic group, religion or ability for each child in the center.
- The programme should be child centred and not teacher focused.
Therefore we allow children to use their senses and explore materials for a large part of the time and we will not spend long periods of time having “teacher talk”.
- The programme should focus on the growth and development of the “whole” child ( social, emotional, physical, intellectual, language and creative development) rather than concentrate on curriculum areas (science, maths, reading)
Therefore our programme will be balanced and have a great variety of play based activities which are regularly changed.
- Each child should learn through play.
Therefore play will be recognized as a “child’s work” and it will be used as a teaching/learning tool.
- The parents should play an important role in the Educare Centre, in the programme, through fund raising, through advise about their children’s needs, and by participating wherever possible.
Therefore we will make parents welcome at the centre and encourage communication and parent education sessions.
- The teacher should facilitate the children’s learning through careful planning,, providing positive interactions, modeling appropriate behaviors and offering creative opportunities for play both indoors and outdoors.
Therefore we will allow commitment, honesty, respect, professionalism and ethics while carrying out everything we do